Sales and Marketing Manager
An exciting career opportunity has arisen to manage the sales and marketing for one of Jersey's finest luxury hotels
Introduction and background
Situated between England and France, Jersey is the largest of the Channel Islands. An independent, English-speaking territory, it has air links to over 45 airports and is easily accessible from anywhere in Europe.
The Atlantic Hotel is a stunning, award winning 50 bedroomed hotel situated on the western side of the island. This world class small luxury hotel is set in six acres of grounds and enjoys dramatic views over a conservation area of outstanding natural beauty. Built in 1970, it is a family owned and run hotel. It is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and has over the years won many awards including four Red Stars and four Rosettes from the AA and the Conde Nast Johansens Award for Best Service in 2006 and 2014.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales and Marketing Manager for this respected, prestigious property. Reporting directly to the owners, this role will be responsible for the successful delivery of the hotel’s Marketing Strategy to 2020 and beyond, and the delivery and subsequent setting of the annual Marketing Plan and Budget. This is a hands on, proactive role which will have full responsibility for developing and planning all sales and marketing activities, maintaining the hotel’s website via its agency, managing all other aspects of digital marketing and representing the hotel at external events. Equally, this is a very important position within the senior management team of the hotel and involves daily communication with other managers and external agencies alike.
Candidates will be expected to have a solid career path in sales and marketing, ideally within the hotel or travel industry.
Essential skills/attributes required:
- A minimum of two years’ working in marketing, ideally within the service sector
- A self-starter, highly efficient and organised, able to work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong at forward-planning, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A good team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- A creative mind matched with strong analytical skills
- Exceptionally well presented, a professional and confident communicator
- An open personality and a positive attitude are very important and an out-going, friendly and collegiate style will be key. Experience of sales and/or key account management is preferable.
Package and benefits
This is a key role within the business and the salary will directly reflect this. Additional benefits include:
- An end of year bonus
- 29 days holiday
The tax regulations on Jersey mean that there is a maximum tax rate of 21%. This is a significant saving in comparison to UK tax rates and this has been taken into consideration when defining the salary package in totality.
Support will be given to this individual in finding appropriate accommodation on the island.
For further information please contact:
Mulberry HR Solutions